This is the easiest and the cheesiest Easy Cheese Potato Casserole to prepare. Serve it side-by-side with any main dish and a salad, and you’ve got supper! The sliced potatoes are layered with cheese and cream into a pan, then it bakes into its own rich and luscious sauce.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I have used these products that are highlighted below and recommend them for your convenience. Please note that there are Affiliate Links in the content of the Louisiana Woman Blog, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. Thank you!
Potatoes + Cheese + Cream = Comfort Food
Our family gets excited when I serve these potatoes, and I’m happy to make it for them. I think you’ll be happy with them, too! Mostly because of how easy they are to prepare and the comfort they give with the very first bite.
Let’s begin by slicing unpeeled (that’s right, no peeling) potatoes with a Mandoline Slicer into 1/4 inch thick rounds. No Mandoline Slicer? No problem. Cut them into round, even-width slices using a sharp knife. Remember that it’s better to have a uniform thickness, to begin with, for thoroughly cooked potatoes. No biting into undercooked potatoes here!
Most cheese potato casseroles call for cooking the cheese sauce first, but not this recipe. That’s what makes it so easy with less cooking and clean-up time. My favorite way to cook!
Here is the simple process to magically cheesy goodness:
- layer half of the sliced potatoes into a baking dish
- salt and pepper
- sprinkling with half of the shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- pour half of the cream over the cheese and potatoes
- repeat the same process with the other half of the ingredients
And that’s It!
In The Oven Where The Magic Happens
Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake it in the oven until the potatoes are tender. Remove foil and cook some more until the top is golden brown.
When you spoon into the casserole, you’ll find tender potatoes surrounded by the most luscious and effortless cheese sauce ever! So divine!
More Cheesy Dishes For You
- Creamy Mac And Cheese
- Mexican Street Corn
- Twice-Baked Cheese Potatoes
- Crawfish Fettuccine (Or Shrimp If You Prefer)
- Crawfish Lasagna
An easy potato casserole to assemble and bake into a rich, luscious cheese sauce.
- 1.5 pounds red potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice potatoes into rounds, 1/4 ” thick.
- Layer half of the potatoes into a 10-inch square casserole dish.
- Season potatoes with half of the salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle seasoned potatoes with 1 cup of cheese.
- Pour 1 cup of cream over potatoes and cheese.
- Repeat the layers of potatoes, seasonings, cheese, and cream.
- Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 1 1/2 hours or until a fork pierces through the potatoes easily, then bake 15 minutes more, uncovered, to brown the potatoes until golden.
- Slicing the potatoes into the same width allows them to cook evenly; using a mandoline slicer can help cut all potatoes into uniform widths.
- Bake a few minutes longer, uncovered, for a browner top.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy cheese potato casserole, cheese potato casserole, potato casserole
You may like these main dishes to go with your Cheese Potato Casserole.
Strive not to be a success but rather to be of value.Albert Einstein