This delicious Low Carb Coconut Pie is the first recipe named by my husband. Undertaker’s Delight is no reference to the famous wrestler, but rather to his profession. Since realizing the need to trim carbs from Steve’s diet, this pie has become a comforting delight!
Please note that there are Affiliate Links in the content of Louisiana Woman Blog, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I have used these products that are highlighted below, and recommend them for your convenience. Thank you!
Even though one may have sugar sensitivities, dishes like Keto Strawberry Jello Dessert and Keto Lemon Berry Dessert can still be enjoyed as a mock sweet treat. They are helpful in reducing sugar and carb intake. We like them, but it’s time for a new dish.
Being a fan of coconut pie I recently made Steve this sugar free, low carb version. After a few bites, he named it Undertaker’s Delight. I smiled and happily agreed!
Starting with a Low Carb Crust
In its early stages of testing, this pie was made with a graham cracker crust, then to cut a few more carbs, I used a pecan crust (sweetened with a little stevia) instead.
That’s right, pecans! It’s so easy and delicious and gluten-free, too!
The ingredients are mixed together in a food processor and pressed into a pie plate like this Emille Henry Pie Plate. It’s a french ceramic pan that is heat and scratch-resistant, easy to clean, dishwasher safe, microwave safe, goes from freezer to oven to table, and durable for everyday use. Just click on the highlighted area to order yours now!
I have two of these nifty pie pans and cook in them again and again. They come in different colors and they’re not just for pies, either.
Using a piece of plastic wrap over the pie dough keeps your hands clean and helps the crust to evenly spread.
Low Carb Coconut Pie Ingredients
After the pie crust is baked, the process of browning unsweetened coconut flakes begins. This is done by continually stirring the coconut in a heavy saucepan over medium heat for a few minutes until most of the flakes are browned. Be careful not to walk away from it until you remove the pot from the heat. It will scorch quickly.
Next comes the mixing of the instant pudding with coconut milk. Yummy coconut milk! If you’ve never had the pleasure of tasting unsweetened coconut milk, you need to give yourself the experience. It is so light and refreshing and great on cereal or in a smoothie.
Now, stir the cooled coconut into the pudding. Next, whip the cream with stevia and fold into the coconut pudding mixture. Lastly, pour into the prepared and cooled pie shell. Refrigerate until the pie is cold before serving.Print
A pecan crust, whipped cream, and sugar-free pudding make this yummy coconut pie sugar-free, low carb, and gluten-free.
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon salted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 packets stevia
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1-ounce sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 1-ounce sugar-free white chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 packets stevia
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Process pecan halves in a food processor until nuts are finely crushed.
- Add butter, egg white, and stevia then process until well mixed, and the dough starts to form into a ball.
- Pour pie crust mixture into a pie plate, place a piece of plastic wrap over the pie plate and press pie dough evenly into the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Toast coconut in a heavy, medium saucepan over low heat until it is a medium brown color, let cool completely.
- Mix puddings with coconut milk in a large bowl.
- Add cooled coconut to the pudding mixture.
- Whip the cream in a medium bowl with Stevia until soft peaks form.
- Fold cream into pudding mixture.
- Pour into cooled pie crust and refrigerate until pie is cold.
- Garnish with more toasted coconut.
The pie crust will bubble up during baking but will lay flat with applied pressure after baking.
Use another vanilla pudding mix instead of the white chocolate pudding mix if preferred.
The pie cuts best when it is cold.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Sweets, desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: low carb coconut pie
This pie is truly as good as it looks, an easy to prepare, and low carb treat that is definitely my undertaker husband’s Delight!
Be sure and pin these photos to Pinterest, select the Yummly button, follow Louisiana Woman Blog on Facebook and Instagram, and sign up for emails so we can keep in touch! I enjoy comments and answering questions you may have. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
“Being busy does not always mean real work. The object of all work is production or accomplishment and to either of these ends there must be forethought, system, planning, intelligence, and honest purpose, as well as perspiration. Seeming to do is not doing.”Thomas A. Edison