This delicious Mandarin Orange Pudding Dessert is super-easy to make. It’s light, creamy, fruity, and so satisfying! The four-ingredient recipe is made with sugar-free pudding for a low-calorie no-guilt treat.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I have used these products highlighted below and recommend them for your convenience. Please note that there are Affiliate Links in the content of the Louisiana Woman Blog, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. Thank you!
Oh, this dessert!
It’s a family favorite around our house. I serve it often because there’s usually at least one of us at our table watching their calorie and sugar intake. Plus, it only takes a few minutes to whip up. No more than ten minutes, I promise!
The Foursome Ingredients
My sister’s original recipe she shared with me calls for sugar-free Cool Whip. Feel free to start with an 8-ounce tub of that pre-maid topping. It will work fine instead of the real cream in this Mandarin Orange Pudding Dessert recipe. I’d rather have the fresh taste and healthier benefits of whipping cream than Cool Whip, but the choice is yours.
After whipping the cream, the next ingredient is a small box of sugar-free vanilla pudding mix. Mixing the pudding slowly into the cream and some vanilla extract bumps up that vanilla flavor to another level.
The last step of this low-sugar treat is to fold the mandarin oranges into the pudding mixture. You want those little orange slices well distributed throughout the pudding, and a gentle fold is best.
And Voila! Your dessert is ready. The rich creaminess is such a surprise. You’ll feel like you’re eating lots of carbs and calories, but you’re not.
It’s best to chill the pudding dessert for a few hours before serving cold. You can store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
This is such a no-effort dish I serve it along with other desserts at the table so people can have a low sugar choice and not feel like they are missing out on dessert. It makes everyone happy!
More Diet Cheating Feel-Like Recipes:
- Low Carb Coconut Pie, Undertaker’s Delight
- Keto Strawberry Jello Dessert
- No-Sugar Sweet Potato Pie
- Keto Lemon Berry Dessert
- 1.5 cups whipping cream
- 1 1-ounce box sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 11-ounce cans mandarin oranges, drained
- Whip cream until thickened and soft peaks are formed when the beaters are lifted away from the cream, don’t overbeat.
- Slowly stir the pudding mix into the whipped cream.
- Gently stir in the vanilla to the pudding mixture.
- Carefully fold the drained oranges into the pudding mixture.
- Refrigerate until cold and serve.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- A gentle slow stirring helps to keep the dessert light and creamy and the fruit from breaking up too much.
- A regular box of instant pudding mix can be used in place of the sugar-free pudding.
- Substitute an eight-ounce container of sugar-free Cool whip instead of the whipped cream.
- Substitute or add fresh berries for a more fruity taste; berries are lower in sugar compared to other fruit.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: none
- Category: Desserts
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mandarin orange sugar-free pudding dessert, mandarin orange dessert, sugar-free mandarin orange dessert
Be sure to sign up for my emails to keep in touch.
Leave them in the reply box below if you have any questions or comments.
You know I love hearing from you!
Have a nice day!
“Rumor travels faster, but it don’t stay put as long as truth. ”– Will Rogers