Summertime or anytime is perfect for this no-bake Toffee Ice Cream Pie. It’s a creamy frozen treat that’s ridiculously easy! Anyone can make it. Let me show you how.
Please note that there are Affiliate Links in the content of the Louisiana Woman Blog, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I have used these products that are highlighted below and recommend them for your convenience. Thank you!
Use A Chocolate Pie Crust
I thank God for prepared pie crusts! There’s no baking involved here, so it’s fitting for summertime or whenever you don’t want to heat up your kitchen. And anything that begins with chocolate is a good thing. You can use either a chocolate cookie or chocolate graham cracker crust. I’ve used both, but I find the cookie crust has more chocolate flavor.
This recipe idea came about when my daughter-in-law, Amy, mentioned an ice cream blend she came up with. It happened at Eskamoe’s Frozen Custard shop in Monroe, La. It’s a place our family frequents when leaving the city for a quick treat to enjoy during the hour-long journey back home to Hamburg. In their small, drive-through style building, they serve delicious homemade custard ice cream. So good! If you’re ever in the area, I recommend you stop by for one of their many flavors for custom blending your own concretes, twisters, sundaes, and much more.
Amy’s flavor choices that day were vanilla ice cream, marshmallow cream, and milk chocolate toffee bits. Yum! Those words stirred a delicious idea in me that went from my ears to my taste buds. I needed a quick and easy dessert that night, so I thought, “This sounds like an awesome idea for a pie. An ice cream pie!”
So Out The Door And To The Store I Went
There I bought the necessary ingredients:
- a prepared chocolate pie crust
- a half-gallon homemade vanilla ice cream
- 1 jar marshmallow cream
- and 1 bag milk chocolate toffee bits
When I returned home, I whirled them into a blender, making sure the marshmallow cream was disbursed all through the mixture, poured them into a prepared pie shell, and voila, dessert! Then I stuck the pie in the freezer and hoped everyone would like it.
A few tips for best results for Toffee Ice Cream Pie is to be sure the ice cream is soft enough to dip out without much resistance. Fifteen minutes of sitting on the counter after removing the container from the freezer will usually do the trick. If the ice cream is too hard, you could burn up your blender like I almost did. (True, very true.) You could also use an emersion blender or a mixer. Whatever combines the ingredients thoroughly is fine. Also, you don’t want the ice cream to melt before you blend your pie ingredients together, nor do you want to over-blend. That will give you a flatter pie with less volume.
If the pie was a flop, I told my family I’d make them some No-Bake Cookies or Brownie Nuggets, as we like to call them. They cheered because it’s one of their favorite treats. But I didn’t have to because they thought the pie was the best thing ever and that it needed no changes. (I’m always asking them how I can make my recipes better. I hope for your sake they’re honest!)
Make It Your Own Way
Go ahead and make your own rendition of ice cream pies with any flavor of ice cream and add-ins to enhance this frozen treat. Think of what you could do with chocolate, strawberry, or coffee-flavored ice cream! I made one with crumbled oreo cookies and vanilla ice cream, and they liked it too.
Top the pie off with whipped cream and more milk chocolate toffee bits to garnish right before serving. Delightful!
More Pie Recipes
- Fresh Strawberry Pie Glaze
- No-Sugar Sweet Potato Pie
- Low Carb Coconut Pie, Undertaker’s Delight
- Easy Blueberry Pot Pie
- Easy Pie Trifle Dessert
- Pecan Pie Plaisir, LikeThe Piccadilly Pecan Delight Pie
- Chocolate Bunny Pie
A creamy, frozen treat topped with whipped cream and more chocolate toffee.
- 1 9-inch prepared chocolate graham cracker or cookie pie crust
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup marshmallow cream
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate toffee bits
- 8 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Toffee bits for garnish
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer and let soften for 15 minutes.
- Place ice cream into a blender and add the marshmallow cream and toffee bits with it, then blend until well combined.
- Pour into the pie shell and place in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
- Beat whipping cream and powdered sugar until soft peaks form.
- Remove pie from the freezer and top with whipped cream and garnish with more toffee bits, as much as you like.
- Be sure to use leveled amounts of ice cream when measuring; more than 3 cups will cause the ingredients to overflow the pie shell.
- Make it easier by using prepared cool-whip topping instead of whipped cream.
- Try using other ice cream flavors and ingredient combinations.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Sweets
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Toffee Ice Cream Pie
I hope you give this pie a try and it makes your life easier. For sure, it’ll make things tastier. Let me know your ideas about different flavor combinations in the comments below or if you have any questions or comments. You know I love hearing from you!
I appreciate you sharing these recipes from Louisiana Woman Blog on social media and Pinterest, and of course, the best way is still by word of mouth. Have a nice day!
“Duty is ours, results are God’s.” John Quincy Adams