Flavorful, sliced strawberries covered with a shiny sugar-based syrup is what you'll find in this Fresh Strawberry Pie Glaze. Its simple ingredients complement the berries deliciously for any type of pie shell, and it cooks quickly with just a few ingredients. Definitely, a no-fuss pie to make.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I have used these products that are highlighted below and recommend them for your convenience. Thank you! Please note that there are Affiliate Links in the content of the Louisiana Woman Blog, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links.
Making The Glaze
A glaze is a combination of sugar, water, and cornstarch thickened with cooking. It takes minutes literally to make. This one is simmered with a pound of mashed strawberries. They give the sauce a luscious red tint and loads of strawberry taste. A splash of lemon juice brightens the syrupy filling in the end.
Cool, Fill, Then Refrigerate
See already how simple this Fresh Strawberry Pie Glaze is? All you do now is pour the cooled, thickened sauce over another pound of fresh sliced berries layered in a pie shell of your liking. The use of sliced berries makes it easier to cut into the pie compared to leaving the berries whole. A store-bought ready-made pie shell helps make this dessert an effortless act.
As far as which pie crust to choose, I have used savory flour, sweet graham cracker, and meringue pie shells for this filling, and all were delicious! However, a chocolate crust would be fitting also. Who doesn't like a little chocolate with their strawberries? Another option is to fill about 6 small individual pie shells. This way, you can have a whole pie to yourself!
You can also crush both pounds of the strawberries and cook them all into the glaze. This gives the pie a smoother texture and still tastes delicious. But I like biting into chunks of fresh berries, so I choose to mash only half of them.
The best thing about this pie is that it isn't heavy. It's the perfect ending to a delicious meal or scrumptious midday treat. Yum!
Here are more pie reipes for you:
- Pecan Pie Plaisir
- Low Carb Coconut Pie, Undertaker’s Delight
- Easy Pie Trifle Dessert
- Chocolate Bunny Pie
- Toffee Ice Cream Pie, With Marshmallow Cream and Chocolate Bits
- No-Sugar Sweet Potato Pie
- Easy Blueberry Pot Pie
- Crawfish Pot Pie, A cajun Delight
- The 200 Chicken Pot Pie Dress
The Easy Pie Trifle Dessert calls for a ready-made pie from your favorite bakery or deli. Talk about easy! All you do is cut the pie up into bitesize pieces and layer with a mascarpone cream filling drizzled with your favorite syrupy sauce. Mmmm! Try it with pecan pie and chocolate sauce for a chocolate turtle experience.Print
Fresh Strawberry Pie
This fresh fruit pie starts with a delicious glaze of simple ingredients and a few minutes of cooking. It suits just about any kind of pie crust served chilled with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Total Time: 53 minutes
- Yield: 8 slices 1x
1 - 9" pie shell, prepared
2 pounds fresh strawberries, hulled, washed, sliced, and divided
½ cup water
¾ cup sugar
3 tablespoons corn starch
1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Cool pie shell if baked before filling.
- Slice the strawberries and separate half of them into a bowl, mash one-half of the berries with a fork or in a food processor.
- Put water, sugar, and corn starch in a medium-size saucepan, stir together until smooth, and stir in the mashed berries.
- Place pot on the stove over medium heat and stir until contents come to a boil, then turn the heat down to medium-low and continue stirring while cooking for 3 minutes more.
- Stir in lemon juice and remove the pot from heat to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Place the other pound of the sliced strawberries into the cooled pie shell, then pour the cooled thickened strawberry sauce over the sliced berries evenly.
- Place pie in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Serve topped with whipped cream.
For a smoother pie, mash the other half of the sliced strawberries and add them to the glaze before cooking.
- Prep Time: 50 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fresh strawberry pie, strawberry pie glaze, strawberry pie
Be sure to share on social media any of Louisiana Woman Blog recipes. I appreciate it!
Also, feel free to leave a message in the comments below. I love hearing from you!
"There are times when solitude is better than society, and silence is wiser than speech."