This Baked Mexican Layered Dip is full of the flavors of stringy cheese, taco meat, sour cream, black olives, and avocadoes. It’s so loaded you could make it into a meal! Serve it hot with chips.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I have used the highlighted products below and recommend them for your convenience. Please note that there are Affiliate Links in the content of the Louisiana Woman Blog, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. Thank you!
Another Make-Ahead Dish Just For You
Hey, there! I’m so happy to share this hot dip that’s sure to please many. Hot as in temperature, not spicy. We all are familiar with the famous layered Mexican dip. This is very similar, except it’s baked and filled with a layer of taco meat. 3
This makes a good thing better! And even better than that is being able to make it ahead to save precious time. You can prepare the Baked Mexican Layered Dip the day before and store it in the refrigerator. Then take it out the next day to bake and serve. Or, go ahead and bake it right after assembling it and freeze it for a later date.
This recipe is easy to divide in half and prepare into two separate baking dishes, one to eat right away and the other to wrap tightly and freeze. They are the perfect size for greeting hungry guests when your meal isn’t quite ready. Not too big and not too small. I take it straight from the freezer into the oven, and in about 30 minutes, it’s ready.
Assembling the Baked Mexican Layered Dip
Let’s begin with browning and simmering a pound of ground beef with some of my Best Homemade Taco Seasoning. It’s got more flavor than the pre-packaged kind, but if the store-bought mix is all you have, that’s fine. Set the meat aside.
Continue with the first layer of refried beans and the second layer of taco meat.
Next comes the sour cream and prepared avocado layers, then the taco sauce before generous sprinkles of grated cheese.
Lastly, scatter the diced fresh tomatoes, black olive rings, and sliced green onions on top. Now you’re ready to bake the Baked Mexican Layered Dip!
So satisfyingly delicious looking, isn’t it? And I promise it is! You can garnish with some torn cilantro leaves if you like. Now, it’s time to dip! I go for the chips that scoop to hold as much dip as possible per bite.
More Appetizing Appetizers From Louisiana Woman!
- Cajun Firecracker Ranch Crackers
- Muffuletta Cheese Ball
- Buttery-Salted Roasted Pecans
- Chicken Wraps
- Cajun Roasted Pecans
- Pineapple Cheese Ball: In 5 Easy Steps
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning (or 1/4 cup)
- 2/3 cup of water
- 1 16-ounce can refried beans
- 16 ounce container sour cream
- 4 avocados, peeled and cubed
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 16-ounce jar taco sauce
- 2 cups grated Mexican Style Four cheese
- 2 1/4-ounce can sliced black olives
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- Cilantro leaves, optional
- Prepare a 9×13 baking dish with spray oil.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef, add taco seasoning and water, simmer for 10 minutes, set aside.
- Spread refried beans onto the bottom of the pan.
- Spoon taco meat evenly over beans.
- Cover meat with sour cream.
- Stir avocados together with lime juice, salt, and fresh ground black pepper.
- Layer avocados evenly on top of sour cream.
- Pour taco sauce to cover all of the avocados spreading with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle the whole dish with cheese.
- Top with black olives, tomatoes, and green onions.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly on the edges. and cheese is melted.
- Garnish with fresh torn cilantro leaves, if desired.
- Serve hot with chips.
Can be made ahead and refrigerated before baking or bake and wrap well to keep in the freezer until ready to re-heat for about 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven and serve after garnishing with fresh cilantro.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Mexican Dip
Be sure to sign up for my emails to keep in touch. If you have any questions or comments, leave them in the reply box below. You know I love hearing from you.
Have a nice day!
“Anything will give up its secrets if you love it enough. Not only have I found that when I talk to the little flower or to the little peanut they will give up their secrets, but I have found that when I silently commune with people they give up their secrets also – if you love them enough.”
― George Washington Carver