This excellent avocado salad with cucumbers and other veggies tossed with a cilantro lime vinaigrette has that south-of-the-border taste to brighten up any meal. It also stands alone as a light main dish by itself.
I’m an Amazon Associate. Please note that there are Affiliate Links with Amazon in the content of the Louisiana Woman Blog, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. Thank you!
Summer has suddenly come upon us and this Avocado Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing is a good way to keep things cool. Along with warmer days comes the harvest of fresh fruits and vegetables that help out in the kitchen. They add to the ease of throwing a simple salad together instead of cooking over a hot stove. Plus, they include many good nutrients.
How Do You Make Salad With Avocados?
Thankfully there are no rules for a salad like there are in baking. Any ingredient in any amount is lawful.
The mixture of these fresh vegetables in this recipe goes well together. Its vinaigrette is spiced with cilantro and cumin, adding a south-of-the-border accent. This avocado salad is packed with nutrients, low in calories, and serves as a good side dish or main dish. It's divine!
This salad's inspiration comes from my sister, Virginia. It's her simple Avocado Cucumber Salad recipe. Her salad starts with adding salt and pepper to diced avocado, cucumber, tomato, and red onion. Refrigerate, then toss with balsamic vinegar right before serving.
The first time I prepared it, I did as she said but added every other vegetable in the fridge. Well, if a little is good, then more is better, and it was!
An Easy Vinaigrette For The Avocado Salad
After pondering this simple salad for a few days, I went into the kitchen and mixed a vinaigrette in a pint-size mason jar. First, I squeezed some limes into it, then added olive oil and a few other things to flavor it.
Then I shook, shook, shook the jar!
Then I diced the vegetables and placed them in a large bowl.
In the last step, I poured the vinaigrette over the vegetables and tossed the salad, making it ready to serve.
I kept it cold until ready to serve and it was excellent. And so easy peasy, lemon squeezy, except this time, it was with lime!
This is an excellent salad for any time of year. Enjoy!
More Salad Recipes From Louisiana Woman!
- Muffuletta Pasta Salad
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad With Step-By-Step Instructions
- Fresh Fruit Salad
- Shrimp Salad
- Easy Crab Salad
- Blueberry-Mandarin Ranch Salad
- Chicken Salad Your Way
- Copper Pennies Salad With Jalapenos
- Corn Salad With Tomatoes
- Congealed Salad, Lime Or Cherry Flavored
- Pea Salad, The Forgotten Side Dish
- Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
Avocado Salad with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
This cool avocado salad with cucumbers and other veggies tossed with a cilantro lime vinaigrette has that south-of-the-border taste to brighten up any meal or stand alone as a light meal all by itself.
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 cups 1x
- 2 limes
- .5 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2.5 teaspoons cumin
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste, freshly ground
- 1 cup avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and cubed
- 1.5 cups grape tomatoes, cut in half
- .5 cup sweet peppers, any color, quartered and sliced
- 1.5 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons red onion, diced
- Squeeze the limes into a pint-size mason jar, then add olive oil, garlic, cilantro, honey, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Close the lid onto the jar and shake it several times to blend the dressing well.
- Refrigerate the dressing until ready to pour over the salad.
- Add all of the cut-up vegetables into a large salad bowl.
- Shake up the dressing and pour the amount you desire over the salad.
- Toss and serve or keep cold until ready to serve.
- Garnishing with more cilantro is optional.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Use one-half of the dressing or more in this salad recipe.
- The leftover dressing keeps well in the refrigerator for later use.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Slads
- Serving Size: ½ cup
You know I love hearing from you. Be sure to sign up for my emails to keep in touch. If you have any questions or comments, leave them in the reply box below.
Have a nice day!
"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of 'disaster,' I remember my mother's words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers--so many caring people in this world." Mr. Rogers