This Shrimp Salad is akin to Shrimp Remoulade. It's dressed in a spicy horse raddish sauce with a sweet Cajun kick. The crispy bites of red peppers and the surprising ingredient of artichoke hearts make this salad extra special. Yep, artichoke hearts! It will be love at first bite, I'm sure!
I’m an Amazon Associate. Please note that there are Affiliate Links with Amazon in the content of the Louisiana Woman Blog, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. Thank you!
Oh, the flavors in this Shrimp Salad!
Let me try to describe it.
First, it's served cold and has the undeniable ocean taste of freshly cooked shrimp, preferably harvested domestically, please! You can use cooked shrimp purchased that way or some leftover boiled shrimp like this Easy Boiled Shrimp. If so, you may need to adjust the seasoning to suit your taste since the boiled shrimp are already seasoned.
Then surround the shrimp in a creamy dressing with a familiar flavor of a spicy, sweet Remoulade Sauce, the Cajun kind. Next, you get the sweet crunch of red peppers and bites of something surprisingly different . . . artichoke hearts! Not too much, though, just enough.
Even if you aren't familiar with artichokes, you should give them a try. They have a similar taste to asparagus, but not quite. I like the smack and texture they add to this salad.
A Remoulade To Dress The Salad
The dressing is spicy, sweet, and taste of creamy horseradish that takes the salad over the top. Mix it together, then pour over the cooked shrimp, sweet peppers, green onions, and artichoke hearts.
Yum! The last step is letting the flavors meld together as they cool in the refrigerator. It's a perfect salad as an appetizer, entree, or party dish.
More Louisiana Woman Recipes!
- Remoulade Sauce
- 24 Mardi Gras Food Recipes
- Barbecue Shrimp Bowl
- Mardi Gras Salad With Asparagus
- Easy Crab Salad
- 2 pounds raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onions, sliced
- 7 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon thick and creamy horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Creole mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- ¼ cup sweet pickle relish
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Season shrimp with 2 teaspoons salt, garlic granules, and cayenne pepper, then heat oil in a large pan, sautee shrimp for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add cooked shrimp to a large bowl.
- Add red peppers, green onions, and artichoke hearts to the shrimp.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a 2-cup measuring cup.
- Pour dressing over shrimp and stir together, cover, and refrigerate to chill thoroughly, then serve.
- Substitute cooked shrimp for the raw shrimp and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Add more relish to adjust sweetness.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Salads
- Cuisine: Aerican
Keywords: shrimp salad, artichoke shrimp salad
Be sure to sign up for my emails to keep in touch. If you have any questions or comments, leave them in the reply box below. You know I love hearing from you.
Have a nice day!
"One day you will wonder what was so important that you put off doing the most important things, 'Someday' can be a thief in the night."Deborah Brown