An easy to make Banana Bread Recipe that’s super-moist, soft in texture, and packed with flavor. Perfect for those speckled bananas sitting on your counter that you don’t know what to do with.
Please note that there are Affiliate Links in the content of Louisiana Woman Blog, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I have used these products that are highlighted below, and recommend them for your convenience. Thank you!
Old Faithful Banana Bread Recipe
I recently dug out this recipe that I had scribbled on the inside of an old cookbook way back when. It was my go-to treat when I needed to feed my family using whatever I had on hand. This quick bread came to my rescue again and again.
I’m thankful for its simplicity, and all the times I felt rewarded for not throwing out that sweet-smelling fruit no one would eat. So I thought I’d share it in hopes it’ll rescue you too!
It’s so easy!
There are only a few steps to this great Banana Bread Recipe. First, cream the sugar, butter, and eggs together. Then add the bananas, vanilla, flour mixture, and lastly, slowly pour in the milk.
A few helpful hints before we go any further:
- Use ripened bananas for the best flavor, right before the inside starts to turn black.
- The butter, eggs, and milk should be at room temperature for fluffier baking results.
- Use a good vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste which gives a richer vanilla taste to compliment the bananas.
But before you bake it, prep the loaf pan. The easiest way is to line with parchment paper and spray the paper inside the pan with cooking spray.
The bread will simply lift out of the pan by grabbing the paper after it cools for a few minutes.
So that’s it, bake it for about an hour and you’re done! Oh, and if you care for a little variation, add some nuts and/or chocolate chips. Whether plain or decked out, the results are delicious!Print
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup salted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup mashed ripe bananas, or 3 medium ripe bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup nuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 5″x 9″ loaf pan by spraying with cooking spray or line it with a piece of parchment paper and spray the inside with cooking spray.
- Sift flour, salt, and baking powder together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugar together with a mixer, then mix the eggs.
- Add bananas and vanilla, stirring to combine.
- Mix in flour mixture a little at a time until thoroughly combined.
- Pour milk into the bread batter slowly while stirring all of the ingredients together.
- Add pecans, stirring in to combine.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting it into the center of the bread.
- Remove from oven and let bread rest in the pan for about 10 minutes, then remove and cool completely before slicing.
Be sure to use ripened bananas for the best flavor and no more than 1 cup.
Vanilla bean paste gives the bread a richer flavor.
Bring eggs, butter, and milk to room temperature for fluffier results.
For variation, add 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Sweets, desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana bread recipe, banana bread
Looking For More Easy Desserts?
Try this simple Cajun Cake. You probably have all of the ingredients stored in your pantry. Or, how about these Chocolate Chip Cookies made with brown butter. That butter makes all the difference in the world!
I hope this Banana Bread is an asset to your kitchen. Let me know how you like it. You know I love hearing from you!
“I’ve discovered an astonishing truth: God is attracted to weaknesses. He can’t resist those who humbly and honestly admit how desperately they need Him.”