This 2-Ingredient Pumpkin Cake is the easiest cake you'll ever make. It may be hard to believe that all it takes is the beating together of a boxed mix and a can of pumpkin pie filling, but it's true! It's full of nice pumpkin spice, and to top it off, we're cooking up a nutty Brown Sugar Glaze that will boost the cake with more pumpkin flavor.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I have used these products that are highlighted below and recommend them for your convenience. Please note that there are Affiliate Links in the content of the Louisiana Woman Blog, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. Thank you!
Only 2 Ingredients, How Does This Work?
Well, I'm not quite sure, but I understand it doesn't take much for a cake mix to turn into a pumpkin. Oh, I mean a cake!
The history of the first cake mix says that it called for water only when it first came out. That's all, water and dry ingredients from the package. Although sales were good, they thought people were skeptical about the cake mix, only calling for this one ingredient. So the makers added eggs to the list, thinking it would help bakers feel more involved in their cake baking process to get the desired results. Well, it worked!
So maybe the science is in the cake mix itself, and the pie filling is the substitution for the water. Hmm! One thing for sure is the results we get. A moist and fluffy flavorful cake.
Note: We are not using the canned, plain, pureed pumpkin here. It must be the pumpkin pie filling with all of the pumpkin pie spices added.
I was skeptical myself when I first heard about this 2-Ingredient Pumpkin Cake. So I just had to give it a try. I simply dumped it, beat it, and baked it. The easiest cake ever! The idea of only 2 ingredients is so appealing.
It took a few trials to figure out that it's best to beat the batter for a couple of minutes after mixing together for a higher, fluffier cake rise. And I learned not to overbake the batter, not even a little bit, that makes a dryer cake.
This Glaze Topping Is A Must
The glaze has a buttery brown sugar sweetness with pumpkin spice and a soft nutty crunch.
To make the glaze, we simply melt butter, stir in brown sugar, heavy cream, more pumpkin pie filling, spices, and pecans (the preferred nut of south Louisiana). Cook and stir until it thickens, then let cool before topping the cake.
Simple, isn't it? I told you so! . . . and beautiful!
This 2-Ingredient Pumpkin cake is just like Jesus, a very present help in time of need. (Ps 46:1) It will get you through a time crunch, and the results are heavenly.
So there's really no reason not to make yourself this pumpkin treat, is there? You'll be glad you did.
Here are more pumpkin and cake mix recipes you might like:
- Pumpkin Muffins With Streusel
- Super Moist Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Cheesecake With Pecan Streusel
- Pumpkin Bars
- 7-Up Cake Mix Cake
2-Ingredient Pumpkin Cake With Brown Sugar Glaze
It's true! Only 2 ingredients to make this moist and delicious pumpkin cake topped with a nutty brown sugar glaze for more pumpkin flavor.
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin pie filling mix
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin pie mix
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350˚ and spray and flour a bundt cake pan.
- Place the cake mix and pie filling together in a large mixing bowl, stir with an electric mixer, scrape the sides with a spatula to make sure ingredients are combined, and then beat for 2 minutes.
- Spoon batter evenly into the bundt pan and bake for 45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove pan from oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Turn the cake pan upside down onto a cake cooling rack and let cool for about a half-hour.
- While baking the cake, place a small saucepan on a stovetop burner and turn heat on to medium-low heat.
- Melt the butter in the saucepan.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients and simmer until thickened, adjusting the heat.
- Pour into a bowl and let cool before spooning evenly onto cooled cake.
- You can substitute a spice cake mix for the yellow cake mix and a can of plain pumpkin puree for the pumpkin pie filling mix.
- For moister results, don't overbake the cake.
- Make sure you beat the cake batter on high speed for 2 minutes before baking to achieve the highest cake-rise results.
- After the cake is baked and before taking it out of the pan, use a butter knife to carefully separate the cake from the pan along all sides; this will help it slide out of the pan easily without falling apart.
- The batter can be baked into any size cake or cupcake pan then iced with your favorite frosting; try a buttercream or cream cheese frosting colored with a pumpkin orange food dye.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
Keywords: 2-ingredient pumpkin cade
Be sure to sign up for my emails so we can keep in touch. If you have any questions or comments, leave them in the reply box below.
You know I love hearing from you!
Have a nice day!
"You weren't an accident.
You weren't mass produced.
You aren't an assembly-line product.
You were deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on the Earth by the Master Craftsman."Max Lucado