- 1 15.25-ounce box yellow or spice cake mix
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin pie filling, not pureed pumpkin
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin pie filling, not pureed pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350˚ and spray and flour a bundt cake pan.
- Place the cake mix and pie filling together in a large mixing bowl, stir with an electric mixer, scrape the sides with a spatula to make sure ingredients are combined, and then beat for 2 minutes.
- Spoon batter evenly into the bundt pan and bake for 45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove pan from oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Turn the cake pan upside down onto a cake cooling rack and let cool for about a half-hour.
- While baking the cake, place a small saucepan on a stovetop burner and turn heat on to medium-low heat.
- Melt the butter in the saucepan.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients and simmer until thickened, adjusting the heat.
- Pour into a bowl and let cool before spooning evenly onto cooled cake.
- You can substitute a spice cake mix for the yellow cake mix.
- For moister results, don't overbake the cake.
- Make sure you beat the cake batter on high speed for 2 minutes before baking to achieve the highest cake-rise results.
- After the cake is baked and before taking it out of the pan, use a butter knife to carefully separate the cake from the pan along all sides; this will help it slide out of the pan easily without falling apart.
- The batter can be baked into any size cake or cupcake pan then iced with your favorite frosting; try a buttercream or cream cheese frosting colored with a pumpkin orange food dye.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
Keywords: 2-ingredient pumpkin cade