These Brown Butter Blondies are an easy treat to make. They're prepared in one bowl by melting white chocolate chips in brown butter. The brown butter is made in the microwave, the pecans add taste and texture, and the butter and brown sugar give them a praline flavor for a delicious treat.
I’m an Amazon Associate. Please note that there are Affiliate Links in the content of the Louisiana Woman Blog, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. Thank you!
Blondies are very similar to the classic chocolate brownie. They just lack that chocolate flavor. But they are just as delicious, especially with the addition of brown butter and the unbeatable flavor of brown sugar. So good!
Along with the moist taste, there's easy cleanup because these Brown Butter Blondies are made in one bowl. Like with this one-pot recipe, More Casserole, Cast Iron One-Pot Meal. It has pasta, beef, and cheese, which is a family favorite at our house and a perfect quick and easy dinner.
Another one-pot made for easy clean-up recipe is My Sister's Cowboy Stew In The Instant Pot. This chili-like stew with potatoes, corn, ranch beans, and green chilies has a kick of a southwestern dish made in the Instant Pot.
Ingredients For The Blondies
- butter - easily browned in the microwave
- white chocolate - chips, block, or bar
- brown sugar - light or dark, packed down into the measuring cup
- eggs - large, whole
- self-rising flour - ingredients for leveling already in the flour saves time
- pecans - chopped and roasted
- vanilla - always use a quality extract for the best flavor
See the recipe card for quantities.
Instructions To Make Brown Butter Blondies
Begin by carefully browning the butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for about 3.5 minutes, but be sure to give it a stir every 30 seconds. This helps ensure even browning and helps keep the bowl from heating up too fast. Be sure to use oven-safe mitts when handling the bowl in and from the microwave.
After removing the brown butter from the microwave, stir in part of the white chocolate. This will cool down the butter so the eggs won't cook.
Add the brown sugar first, then the eggs, self-rising flour, and vanilla. Then the nuts and the rest of the white chocolate chips are added last.
Hint: Toast pecan in a dry skillet stirring constantly for a few minutes over the stove. They will start to darken and give off an aromatic scent. Remove them from the hot skillet into a bowl to cool.
Next, line an eight or nine-inch pan with parchment paper, spray with spray oil, and pour the batter into the pan. Bake, cool, and cut into nine equal pieces to serve.
The parchment paper helps to easily retrieve the Brown Butter Blondies from the pan just by pulling on each end to get them out.
Hint: Cut the parchment paper into 2 long pieces (a few inches longer than the total length of the bottom and 2 sides) the same width as the pan. Place the papers in a criss-cross pattern, one on top of the other, for a sure fit into the pan without wrinkles in the corners.
Storing Brown Butter Blondies
These blondies freeze well. Keep them in an airtight container like a ziplock bag or plastic container with a tight lid before placing them in the freezer for up to 2 months. Or store them on the counter or in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
To get that just-out-of-the-oven flavor, microwave the Brown Butter Blondies for a few seconds before eating.
When making brown butter, you can also prepare it in a small pot on the stovetop. It only takes a few minutes of stirring until the butter begins to brown, then turn off the heat and stir until it is the desired color. Quickly pour into a heat-resistant bowl to stop the cooking and let cool.
What is a blonde brownie?
It's a brownie that tastes like brown sugar instead of cocoa, like a classic chocolate brownie.
Do blondies have chocolate chips?
Usually not because then they wouldn't be completely blonde. But I think chocolate chips instead of the white chocolate chips added with the pecans would be delicious in them.
Anyway, is there such a thing as a real blonde?
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
- 4 ounces white chocolate, or .5 cup white chocolate chips
- .25 cup salted butter
- .5 brown sugar, packed
- 2 large, whole eggs
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- .5 cup chopped and roasted pecans
- .5 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- extra nuts and chips for garnish are optional
- Preheat oven to 350˚, line an 8x8-inch or 9x9-inch pan with parchment paper, and spray with spray oil.
- Place the butter into a microwave-safe bowl; microwave butter for about 3.5 minutes on high, stirring the butter after every 30 seconds, ensuring an even brown and helping bowl not to overheat.
- Using oven mitts, remove the bowl from the oven, add the white chocolate, and stir until melted.
- Stir in the brown sugar first, then the eggs and flour until well incorporated, don't over-mix.
- Stir in the vanilla, pecans, and white chocolate.
- Pour batter into the lined pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Garnish with extra nuts and white chocolate, optional.
- Remove blondies from the oven and cool completely before cutting them into 9 equal pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Toast pecan in a dry skillet stirring constantly for a few minutes over the stove. They will start to darken and give off an aromatic scent, then they are ready to remove from the hot skillet into a bowl to cool.
- To line the pan, cut the parchment paper into 2 long pieces (a few inches longer than the total length of the bottom and 2 sides) the same width as the pan. Place the papers in a criss-cross pattern, one on top of the other, for a sure fit into the pan without wrinkles in the corners.
- When making brown butter, you can also prepare it in a pot on the stovetop. It only takes a few minutes of stirring until it begins to brown, then turn off the heat and continue stirring until it is the desired color. Quickly pour into a heat-resistant bowl to stop the cooking and let cool.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Sweets
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: brown butter blondies, blondies, blonde brownies
You know I love hearing from you. Be sure to sign up for my emails to keep in touch. If you have any questions or comments, leave them in the reply box below.
Have a nice day!
Our love to God is measured by our everyday fellowship with others and the love it displays.Andrew Murray