You won’t be asking, “Where’s the beef?” with this hardy, tasty Instant Pot Vegetable Soup. The mushrooms give it a meaty bite and the pressure cooking does a beautiful job of melding all of the flavors happily together. It’s yummy and filling!
Please note that there are Affiliate Links in the content of Louisiana Woman Blog, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I have used these products that are highlighted below, and recommend them for your convenience. Thank you!
Oh, how I love a bowl of hot soup on a cold day! And this one does not disappoint. It warms and fills the tummy, and the Instant Pot makes it fun and easy. Just like these soup recipes you can check out below:
- My Sister’s Cowboy Stew In The Instant Pot
- Creamed Potato and Carrot Soup, Kat’s Rodeo Soup
- Vegetable Beef Soup, “La Soup A’ Marie”
They include instructions on how to prepare them in two ways. Either in that electric pressure cooking wonder-pot or on the stovetop which most are familiar with. And so does this one with its tasty, satisfying, and chunky texture.
Preparing The Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
These fresh ingredients come together in the nifty pressure cooker in these simple steps:
The pot does the rest by beautifully cooking the ingredients together in no time yielding a low-calorie satisfying meal. No guilt and no sweat. What could be better?
Not a fan of cabbage? Swap it out with cubed zucchini and/or squash. Make it your own way with your most favorite veggies!Print
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 14.5 ounce can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 12 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 6 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups cabbage, chopped
- 3 cups red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1–1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Turn on Instant Pot to saute setting.
- Pour in the oil and cook the onions and celery for 5 minutes.
- Turn the pot off and add the rest of the ingredients, stirring together.
- Secure lid on the pot and place the steam release handle on the seal setting, then press the manual button and set for 20 minutes at high pressure.
- Allow pressure to release naturally or do it manually waiting for at least 10 minutes after cooking is complete.
- Keep warm and serve hot for a steamy bowl of soup.
- Saute onion and celery in oil in a large soup pot.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook, covered on low heat for at least an hour or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add more water a little at a time as needed.
- The cook time below adds 15 minutes more to the Instant Pot recipe, allowing for the building up and releasing pressure.
- Swap out cabbage for cubed squash, zucchini, or any one of your favorite veggies.
- Stir in a little heavy whipping cream after cooking for a creamy full-flavored soup.
- Add your favorite Cajun seasoning for a boost of great flavor.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Simmering
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot vegetable soup
Don’t forget to pin, click, like and share my recipes on social media. A few more suggestions are texting your friends or talking about the recipes you’ve made from Louisiana Woman Blog in places like the grocery store, library, or hair salon, which are all the best reference places I know. Whichever way you tell, I do appreciate every click to this site. Thanks!
Let me know if you have any questions or comments. I love hearing from you!
“How we lead ourselves in life impacts how we lead those around us.”