- 3 pounds of red potatoes, quartered with skins left on
- 4 large fresh eggs
- .75 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon regular prepared mustard
- .75 teaspoon sea salt
- .5 teaspoon black pepper
- Place potatoes in a large pot and fill with water to about two inches over potatoes.
- Boil until potatoes are almost tender.
- Add eggs to the pot near the end of boiling time to allow them to cook for 8 minutes with potatoes.
- When potatoes are tender drain them and the eggs.
- Let potatoes and eggs cool to touch then peel eggs and dice eggs and potatoes into bite-size pieces.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper stirring lightly as to not mash the potatoes.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until later.
- I, like many gumbo eaters, add the potato salad directly into my bowl of gumbo. I like the taste, and it saves on dishwashing!
- After preparing, the potato salad should be served at room temperature. This will ensure a fresh taste and not cool the gumbo when added to the bowl.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Boiled
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: potato salad, plain