- 3 tablespoons ranch seasoning & salad dressing mix
- 2 or more teaspoons of red pepper flakes, optional
- 1.5 teaspoons garlic granules or garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- .5 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- .5 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup canola oil
- 8 ounces saltine crackers, or 2 sleaves, or 76 crackers
- Preheat the oven to 250° F.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the seasonings into a large gallon-sized zip-top plastic bag.
- Pour the oil into the bag over the seasonings; seal it tightly and gently massage it to mix the ingredients.
- Add the crackers to the bag and seal the zip-top.
- Gently massage and shake the gallon bag, turning it like a wheel until the crackers are evenly coated with the seasoned oil; this will take a few minutes.
- Set the bag of crackers aside to marinate for a few hours, or bake them immediately.
- Open the bag, remove the crackers a few at a time, and place them in a single layer on the parchment paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pans from the oven and let the crackers cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container or bag for up to five days.
- Crackers can marinate for up to 8 hours before baking.
- Red pepper flakes may be omitted, still resulting in a flavorful cracker.
- Serve as a snack or appetizer, with a charcuterie board, or as a side with soups and salads.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: Cajun Firecracker Ranch Crackers