The best meatloaf that’s never dry, always tender, and has so much flavor there’s no need to top it with a sauce.
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 bacon strips
- Heat oil in a medium-sized skillet and saute onions, peppers, and celery until tender, set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- Add meat and cooked vegetables with the remaining ingredients except for the bacon into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix together with a spoon or with your hands until ingredients are thoroughly combined without handling too much.
- Place into a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan and top with bacon strips.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, remove from oven.
- Drain grease from the pan.
- Remove meatloaf, and place onto a cutting board, slice into 8 serving pieces, serve.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: meatloaf, meatloaf recipe