- 3 (3-ounce) packages of cherry or lime jello
- 1 1/2 cups of hot water, not boiling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cold
- 30-ounces crushed pineapple, do not drain
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped fine
- Lightly spray a dish or mold with a light-tasting non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour hot water into a small bowl with jello and stir until jello is dissolved, and set the bowl aside to cool.
- Beat cream cheese in a large bowl with an electric mixer just until it is broken up into large chunks, not creamy.
- Add pineapple to the cream cheese and mix them together.
- Pour the jello into the cream cheese mixture and stir to combine.
- Stir in the nuts and celery, then pour into the prepared dish or mold.
- Refrigerate for about 8 hours or overnight until the salad is firm.
- Unmold by setting the mold in a pan that has a few inches of warm water in it; use a sharp knife to separate the salad away from the sides of the dish.
- Place a plate over the dish and turn it all upside down to unmold the salad onto the plate. Remove the mold, garnish the salad, and chill in the refrigerator before serving.
- Set dissolved jello in the freezer or refrigerator to speed up cooling down.
- If salad does not want to unmold turn it over and repeat the process again.
- If it falls out in pieces, you can place it back together and use a little water to seal the edges.
- If it is an unfixable mess, put the salad in a bowl and enjoy by the spoonful.
- Try using other flavored gelatins.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: congealed salad