The tropical burst of pineapple infuses this creamy, crunchy cherry or lime congealed salad. It has chunks of cream cheese, pecans, and crunchy celery bits. You can mold it into any form or serve it straight from a dish.
- 3 (3-ounce) packages of cherry or lime jello
- 1 1/2 cups of hot water, not boiling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cold
- 30-ounces crushed pineapple, do not drain
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped fine
- Lightly spray a dish or mold with a light tasting non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour hot water into a bowl with jello and stir until jello is dissolved and set the bowl aside until jello is cool to the touch.
- Beat cream cheese in a large bowl with an electric mixer just until it is broken up into large chunks, not creamy.
- Add pineapple to the cream cheese and mix them together.
- Pour the cooled jello into cream cheese mixture and stir to combine.
- Stir in the nuts and celery then pour into the prepared dish or mold.
- Refrigerate about 8 hours or overnight until the salad is firm.
- Unmold by setting the mold in a pan for a few minutes that has a few inches of warm water in it while separating the salad away from the sides of the dish using a sharp knife.
- Place a plate over the dish and turn it all upside down to unmold the salad onto the plate. Remove the mold and garnish salad keeping it chilled in the refrigerator before serving.
- Set dissolved jello in the freezer or refrigerator to speed up cooling down.
- If salad does not want to unmold turn it over and repeat the process again.
- If it falls out in pieces, you can place it back together and use a little water to seal the edges.
- If it is an unfixable mess, put the salad in a bowl and enjoy by the spoonful.
- Try using other flavored gelatins.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: congealed salad