Serve this Sweet Potato Casserole with its brown sugar and nut topping as a side dish or dessert.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter a 9 x 13 x 2-inch casserole dish.
- Mix together the potatoes, butter, eggs, sugar, milk, salt, and vanilla in a large bowl and pour into the prepared dish.
- Mix the nut topping ingredients and sprinkle on top of the potatoes.
- Garnish with the rest of the pecans.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Peel and cube sweet potatoes to boil in water until they are tender, or bake them whole in the oven until fork-tender and scoop them out of the skins and into a bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
The hot potatoes with melt the butter when mixing ingredients together.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: side dish / sweets
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sweet potato casserole