- 8 ounces of spaghetti or pasta of your choice
- .25 cup butter
- .5 chopped onion
- .5 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1.25 cups half and half
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 6 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1.5 teaspoon Cajun Seasoning or more
- 8 ounces fresh or frozen shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 8 ounces fresh or frozen crawfish, peeled and cleaned
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- .25 cup of parmesan cheese, shredded
- Boil pasta according to package, drain and set aside.
- Saute onions, celery, and jalapeno for 7 minutes in butter.
- Add garlic and cook for a few minutes more without browning the vegetables.
- Stir in cream cheese and Monterey Jack allowing them to melt thoroughly.
- Pour in the half and half, a little at a time, and the seasoning stirring until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Add the seafood and cook on medium heat 5-10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- Toss pasta and sauce together and serve with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- You can also pour pasta and sauce into a greased baking dish and top the casserole with bread crumbs and parmesan cheese baking it at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until heated through.
This casserole dish freezes well.
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Cajun
- Serving Size: 1 cup
Keywords: shrimp and crawfish pasta