2 sticks butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup flax seed meal
3 cups oatmeal (I use old fashioned oats)
1 cup raisins, chopped dates or chopped dried figs
1 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together butter, sugar & honey until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Beat well.
- Combine flour, soda, salt, cinnamon and flax seed meal and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients slowly into creamed mixture combining well.
- Stir in oats, dates and nuts. Mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet (I use parchment paper lined pans.)
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack.
- Makes about 40 cookies.