- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups peeled, cored, and diced red delicious,, apples
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Prepare your favorite bundt pan with oil and flour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, salt, soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium bowl, whisk together, and set aside.
- Beat the sugar and eggs with a mixer in a large bowl until a lemon color, then add the vegetable oil to the mixture and beat some more to blend well.
- Add the flour mixture to the batter, mixing in a small amount at a time; the batter will be stiff.
- Stir in the apples, and add nuts if desired, stirring all together.
- Spoon batter into the prepared pan evenly, smoothing the top of the batter with the back of a spoon; do not pack down.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour.
- Cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then use a dinner knife, passing it between the cake and pan to release the cake from the pan.
- Turn the cake onto a cooling rack to cool, or turn it onto a cake plate and serve warm.
- Store in an airtight container on the counter.
- Cake keeps well for several days as it moistens and becomes more flavorful.
- Serve with whipped cream or your favorite icing or glaze.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Sweets, desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Mawmaw's fresh apple cake, fresh apple cake, apple cake, fresh apple cake recipe, apple cake recipe